Proud to be Ilocano

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Coffee Makes Me Happy:)



 

          I always start my day with a cup of coffee that makes me comfy. Sometimes I want my coffee with cream and sometimes I leaved it black. I drink two to three medium cups of  coffee a day. It is like an energizer to me that makes me up to do my daily life. I can think better when I'm drinking it. I am energetic and funny or fool when I had it. It makes my eyes wide at knight when doing my assignments and projects in school. Drinking coffee becomes my tradition when reviewing for my exams since then. My brain becomes sponge that absorbs all the information that I needed to have a high score in my exams. Math is the only exception. Coffee can't do anything to lift up my grades in Math. I think I should overdose myself to caffeine just to become savvy on that subject. Well anyway, even coffee has no match with my Math, I'm still amazed of what can coffee do. I am always alive because of the best beverage in the world, my precious coffee and I can say, coffee completes my day and coffee makes me happy.
         

Facts About Coffee

          When drunk in moderation (four to five regular size cups a day) is safe for healthy adults and can even have beneficial health implications as part of a healthy diet and physically active lifestyle.
          Medical and scientific organizations around the world advise pregnant women to consume no more than 300 mg of caffeine per day (equivalent to 3 regular size cups of coffee). Recent guidance from the Food Standards Agency in the UK recommends that pregnant women limit their caffeine intake to 200 mg per day (approximately two regular size cups of coffee). It remains to be seen whether this precautionary point of view will be endorsed by scientific bodies around the world. All sources of caffeine should be considered when considering total daily intake; including coffee, tea, cola drinks, energy drinks and chocolate.
Source: http://www.positivelycoffee.org/


Benefits of Caffeine
          Believe it or not, certain amounts of caffeine can have beneficial effects.Historically, small amounts of caffeine have been used to help control weight, alleviate pain, open up airways for improved breathing, and overcome chronic fatigue.
Small amounts of caffeine are found to provide the following benefits:
*Can benefit people who are at high-risk for liver disease.
*Increases muscle strength.
*Increases metabolism by breaking down fat, freeing fatty acids and forcing them to be burned.
(Caffeine is the most active ingredient in many diet pills.)
*Increases pain relief medication effects.
*Increases mental faculty.
*Reduces asthma symptoms.
Source: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/caffeine.shtml

Coffee as Anti-oxidant
          Antioxidants fight off the negative effects of oxidation such as oxidative stress. They neutralize free radicals and prevent them from harming cells and its key components such as DNA, protein, and mitochondria.They also work to slow down the damaging chain of chemical reactions caused by free radicals that can lead to oxidative stress, aging, and other illnesses.
Source: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=550526

Coffee Makes Me Happy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment